Weeds … they compete with your crops for moisture, nutrients, light and space. Eliminating them can be costly and labour intensive. What’s more, neither black plastic nor chemical sprays offer environmentally sound solutions to the problem.
At last, there’s an effective, affordable, environmentally-friendly alternative. No matter what you grow, or what size area you farm, there’s a Mulch Organic product for you.
Saves Time and Money. Mulch Organic saves time and money several ways. First, you completely eliminate the removal and disposal costs associated with black plastic. Just till the weed block under at the end of the season and you’re done. Biodegradable Mulch Organic adds valuable organic matter back into the soil as it decomposes.
Likewise, you completely eliminate the need for and costs of chemical herbicides or hand weeding.
Finally, unlike black plastic, which requires drip irrigation, porous mulch organic lets you take advantage of natural rainwater, for even greater savings. Overhead watering is also an option. Mulch Organic is specifically formulated to maintain its integrity even when wet, slowly degrading over the course of the growing season.
Healthier Plants. Crops planted with Mulch Organic get off to a healthy start without competition from weeds. Early in the season, the material warms the soil, helping plants establish faster.
As the season progresses, porous Mulch Organic lets air circulate, promoting healthy roots, instead of “cooking” them like black plastic.
Options for All Growers. Whether you grow in open fields, hoop houses, or high tunnels … farm 1 acre or 100 or more … or apply weed block by machine or manually … we have a product to fit your needs. Choose from:
Organic Rolls - are OMRI Listed come in a choice of weights, widths and lengths. Our “creped” options mould to uneven terrain and are suitable for machine application.
Organic Pre-punched Rolls - save time with pre-punched planting holes, available in a variety of configurations. All are OMRI Listed.
Fortified MulchOrganic - includes options enriched with a slow-release fertiliser to maximise growth, calcium to protect against disease, or humic acid to improve soil fertility.
Degradable Film Mulch - a compostable plastic mulch made from corn starch, offers an affordable eco-friendly choice for larger growers.
- Natural Organic Biodegradable paper Mulch | 122cm x 76 metre | creped £75.00
- *Free Shipping* Biodegradable Mulch Film 140cm x 500m_Light Weight £150.00
- *Free Shipping* Biodegradable Mulch Film_120m x 200m_Light Weight £82.00
- Natural Organic Pre Punched "X" HEAVYWEIGHT Biodegradable paper Mulch | 122cm x 30.5 metre Out of stock
- 2% Humic Acid Enriched Biodegradable paper Mulch | 122cm X 30.5 metre £36.75
- Fertiliser Enriched Biodegradable paper Mulch 122cm X 30.5 metre £36.75
- Natural Organic HEAVYWEIGHT Biodegradable paper Mulch | 122cm x 15m | creped £25.50
- 1.7% CalciumPlus Fortified Biodegradable Paper Mulch | 122cm x 30.5 metre £36.75
- Natural Organic | HEAVYWEIGHT Biodegradable paper Mulch | 122cm x 30.5 metre | creped £48.20
- Biodegradable Mulch Film_1m x 100m_Heavy Weight £140.00
- Biodegradable Mulch Film 1.15m x 100m_Medium Weight £87.15
- Biodegradable Mulch Film 1m x 100m_Medium Weight £78.75