What is WeedGuardPlus?
We are the UK suppliers of WeedGuardPlus but what exactly is it?
Weed Guard Plus is a 100% biodegradable paper mulch that blocks weeds all season long but allows water, air and nutrients through to the soil. It also reduces erosion, moderates soil temperatures, and promotes strong early growth. It can even withstand heavy rainfall. It biodegrades 100% over the season. Easy to use and visually pleasing. It is a natural organic, environmentally friendly alternative to black plastic and synthetic ground covers so you can weed less and grow happier, healthy plants - avoiding nasty herbicides.
It is made from cellulose fibres offering growers a high-quality, cost-effective replacement for plastic mulches.
The unique formulation is designed for complete weed suppression, optimum plant growth, ease of use for home growers, allotments and market gardeners.
- Made from 100% biodegradable paper that decomposes at end of season
- Can be worked into the soil, eliminating the need for retrieval and disposal
- Utilises eco-effective, renewable resources
- 100% opaque: no light gets through so weeds can't grow
- Porous, allowing water, air and nutrients to pass through
- Durable enough to withstand heavy rainstorms
- Helps reduce erosion and moderate soil temperatures
- Gives plants an earlier, stronger and healthier start
Excellent weed prevention
- 100% opaque – no light gets through so weeds can't grow
- Eliminates the need for chemical herbicides or plastic mulch
- Porous cellulose fibre allows water, air and nutrients to pass through
- Weed elimination maximises nutrients available to crops
- Material warms the soil, giving plants an earlier start
- 100% biodegradable paper decomposes at the end of the season, enriching the soil
- Reduces runoff, improves water retention
Saves time and money
- Biodegradable paper decomposes naturally, eliminating the need to remove plastic
- No time wasted on weeding
Organic Formulation - OMRI Listed Natural Organic Formulation available in crepe or plain heavyweight paper.